Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mowing in Pleasantville?


For the most part I prefer the real world over Pleasantville.
There is, however, 1 thing that they don't have to suffer from...
Mowing.
Even if they did have to mow, they would most likely
be done in 5 minutes and they probably wouldn't be sweating gallons at a time.
I hate mowing.
There are 2 things that help the process be a little more bearable.
My mowing playlist.
And the ability to obtain a tan when the scorching hot sun beats down.
That one is a little bittersweet.
These things help, but definitely not enough to make me
want to make mowing a hobby of mine.

Today's mowing experience did present something quite interesting...
I may or may not have chopped a little chipmunk to bits.
All I know is that I felt the mower jolt, I heard a loud clunk,
and then I saw a whole lot of fur chunks fly out from under the mower...
Hopefully I just gave the little guy a haircut. :/

This traumatic experience may forever put an end to my mowing days...
that and all the other reasons that make mowing horrible.
But in reality, next week you will most likely find me in the same spot I was today
...using blades to murder furry little animals.

No comments: